Did you know?
Propane, we know, isn’t the most interesting subject in the world, maybe because it has been around so long and is so effective. Since it works well, you probably don’t have a lot of reason to think too much about it …. Until you run out of it with a steak on the grill (get a back-up tank and solve that problem). The most anyone generally knows is that it comes in tank (or as some call it, a bottle). It is a clean burning fuel and is highly portable. Here are a few more facts:
1. Propane was first identified back in 1910 by Dr. Walter Snelling who bottled some propane and discovered that it could light a whole house for 3 weeks- a pretty fine discovery indeed!
2. Propane is a by-product of natural gas processing and petroleum refining. Propane is one of a group of liquefied petroleum gases.
3. Propane is the third most popular gas used in vehicle transportation- with quicker refills, cost effective prices, and cleaner handling. Not only is propane cleaner than most other fuels, it is environmentally friendly! It's even recognized within the Clean Air Act Amendments.
4. According to the U.S. Department of Energy, consumers could pay twice as much to operate their range, water heater, dryer or furnace with electricity than they would with propane gas.
5. More than 14 million households use propane to fuel their outdoor grills, fire places, furnaces, water heaters, dryers and range tops.
6. Hank Hill sells it and accessories for it :)
We look forward to doing business with you soon!